Sometimes, you or a family member will need to come to the United States but will be inadmissible for entry into the United States or inadmissible for adjustment of status or be removable from the United States.

A person might require a waiver for lots of different reasons,like being previously removed from the country or being convicted of a crime, or even having certain diseases.

When you or a family member is classified as inadmissible or removable,this doesn’t mean that there is no hope. It is possible to submit an immigrant waiver to the United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS). Waivers or pardons are also available for those seeking an adjustment of status or certain other immigration benefits that would otherwise be unavailable.  You need to know what waiver to submit, though, and you need to follow the right steps to submit it correctly. Monty & Ramirez can help.

Greater Houston Provisional Waiver
Waiver Submission to USCIS

There are a number of different waivers available, depending upon the reason for the inadmissibility and depending upon whether the inadmissible person is trying to come to the U.S. on a temporary basis as a non-immigrant or whether the inadmissible person is trying to come to the U.S. to reside permanently.

Typically, it is more likely for an inadmissible person to be eligible for a waiver to come to the U.S. temporarily, like on an F-1 student visa or H-1B professional worker visa. However, this is not always the case and whether or a waiver will be granted or not depends upon lots of different factors including who is applying for the waiver, the relationship of the immigrant to people in the U.S., and the reason for the inadmissibility.

Just some of the many different kinds of waivers under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)including:

  • An 212(d)(3)(a) waiver for someone who has been previously removed from the United States and who is now seeking to come into the country temporarily.
  • A   212(a)(9)(B)(v) waiver for someone who is the spouse, son or daughter of a U.S. citizen who is inadmissible because he or she is or was unlawfully present in the United States.
  • An 212(d)(3)(A) waiver for an individual who is seeking to come into the country temporarily and who is inadmissible based on a failure to attend a removal proceeding.
  • An 212(h) waiver for an individual who is seeking permanent residence but who is inadmissible based on a crime involving moral turpitude.

Choosing the right waiver, completing all required documentation and properly submitting the waiver can be very complicated. It is important to have a qualified attorney advising you throughout this process so you will have the best chance of a waiver being granted.

Getting Legal Help

At Monty & Ramirez, our attorneys have lots of experience with Greater Houston provisional waiver submission to USCIS. Our goal is always to help you or your family member or loved one to be able to come United States for as long as desired, and we will use our extensive knowledge of immigration laws to try to make this possible.  We’ll also communicate with you throughout your case and keep you updated on how the immigration process is moving forward.

Call or contact us online today to get started with the waiver submission so the immigration process can begin moving forward. At Monty and Ramirez, we know what works.®