If you are a United States citizen and you want to get married to someone who isn’t, you can obtain a fiancé petition so your loved one can come to the U.S. and so you can get married here.

There are a lot of things to think about when deciding whether to get a fiancé petition or whether to pursue other solutions like getting married elsewhere and then petitioning to have your spouse come to the United States.  It is important to understand the legal rules and to make an informed choice about how best to secure legal status for the person who you hope to marry.

At Monty & Ramirez, our goal is to help you find the right solutions so you can move forward with your marriage and so you can get any immigration issues resolved as quickly and as easily as possible.  We take care of the legal matters for you so you can focus on starting your new family.

How Our Attorneys Help With Immigrant and Fiancé Petitions

To obtain a visa for your fiancé, you need to file a Fiancé Petition.  You need to provide proof of four different things when you complete this form and submit your documentation:

  • You need to show that the sponsoring partner is a legal United States citizen.
  • You need to show that both of the people getting married are legally free to marry and that the marriage is going to be recognized by the state where you live.
  • You must prove that the couple has been physically together and that you and your soon-to-be spouse have seen each other in the two years before applying for the visa.  There are some limited exceptions to this, such as in cases where your culture prevents you from seeing each other before marriage or when travel would have created an undue burden.
  • You need to show that you have a real, legitimate relationship and that the marriage isn’t just to get a green card.

It can be complicated to determine exactly how to provide proof of these four essential elements of a fiancé petition.  At Monty & Ramirez, we can help you complete all of the immigration paperwork that you need to secure a fiancé visa and we can also help you provide the proof that is required of you by immigration authorities.

Our attorneys will also help you to prepare for a visa interview; and will keep you updated on the progress of your fiancé petition from the time that you first start the immigration process up through to the time when you and your fiancé are united in the United States with proper legal status and the opportunity to marry.

Getting Help from an Immigration Lawyer

At Monty & Ramirez, our attorneys have extensive experience helping couples make their dreams come true by getting a fiancé petition approved so immigration is possible.  Let us put our legal knowledge to work to handle your case for you. Call or contact us online today to schedule your consultation and get the immigration process started. At Monty and Ramirez, we know what works. ®